The Houston Astros (64-62) will face the Milwaukee Brewers (72-55) this afternoon. Houston is currently 13.5 games behind the Chicago Cubs in the NL Central. Milwaukee is 6 games back of the Cubs, but they are the current NL Wild Card holders, with a 2.5 game lead over St. Louis. Houston is 7.5 games behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card. Game time is scheduled for 2:05 PM Eastern in Milwuakee, Wisconsin.
Consider these criteria when determining a pick between the Astros and the Brewers:
- Wandy Rodriguez (7-5, 4.15) will start for Houston
- Manny Parra (9-6, 4.12) will start for Milwaukee
- Parra is 2-2 against Houston in 4 career starts, all from this season
- Parra has a 5.91 ERA against Houston this season
- Houston is 14-5 in the month of August
- Rodriguez is 1-2 with an 8.68 ERA in his last four starts
- This is the final matchup between these two NL Central teams, both teams have won 7 games versus each other
- Houston is 30-34 on the road
- Milwaukee is 37-24 at home
- Houston is 7-3 in its last 10 games
- Milwaukee is 6-4 in its last 10 games
As always, if you’re looking to bet on sports, head over to http//www.SportsBettingChamp.com for information on how to win 97% of your sports bets!