Yeah, these two meet up again this weekend. But at least now we’re in the second half of the season, and the Yankees have climbed up the AL East after a horrible start to make this series actually mean something. Josh Beckett (9-6, 3.97) will take the mound for Boston, and Joba Chamberlain (2-3, 2.52) will pitch for New York. Expect a big ovation for Big Papi, David Ortiz, when he steps up to the plate. This is his first game back after missing 47 games while on the DL for a torn tendon sheath in his left wrist. Boston did not fall off when Ortiz was gone, as they went 26-19 without their DH.
Consider these criteria when determining a pick for tonight’s game between the Yankees and the Red Sox:
- The Yankees have not lost since the All-Star break, winning six straight games.
- The Yankees have been a major league-best 57-25 in the second halves of the last two seasons.
- This series is important to both teams: Boston is currently 3 games ahead of New York in the AL East standings.
- Joba Chamberlain has yet to make it to the seventh inning in a start, but the Yankees boast the sixth best bullpen ERA this season.
- Boston starter Josh Beckett has won all three meetings he has had with the Yankees this season, allowing three runs in each game.
- Boston is 36-11 at home, while the Yankees are .500 on the road: 23-23.
As always, if you’re looking to bet on sports, head over to http//www.SportsBettingChamp.com for information on how to win 97% of your sports bets!